Awareness Through Movement®
ONLINE CLASSES THROUGH ZOOM
“The human nervous system is eminently suitable for change.”
SUNDAY MORNING CLASS
Aug. 2-Sept. 13 (no class Sept. 6)
Sept. 20-Oct. 25
Nov. 1-Dec. 6
MONDAY EVENING CLASS
Aug. 3-Sept. 14 (no class Sept. 7)
Sept. 21-Oct. 26
Nov. 2-Dec. 7
The Gift of Awareness Through Movement
Movement is essential in releasing the body patterns of anxiety, stress, grief, worry…
One of the gifts of a Feldenkrais practice is broadening our capacity to know thyself. To learn, not only better movement, but better ways to think, adapt, create and be with the challenges of living a full life.
There is a synergy when many people simultaneously are connecting deeply with themselves. And in this creative space we breath more fully, we discover potential that was not previously imaginable, we mitigate fears of helplessness and open doors of resilience and hope we didn’t even know that we had.
Could a virus invite us to be better listeners?
What are you listening to? As you read the news, brew your tea, walk your dog, etc……
- What sensations do you notice inside yourself?
- What thoughts keep running through your head?
- Who/what are you connecting with?
Fear and scarcity creates contraction and reaction. It exposes our limiting habits of rigidity and blame. It can bring out collective and individual ugliness leaving those among us who are the most vulnerable dismissed and targeted.
This is a time for collective responsibility and to remember that our health and wellbeing are deeply tied to the health and wellbeing of our entire community.
As Dr. Bruce Perry, M.D./PhD says, we humans are born to connect. We are neurobiologically programmed to be in relationship with other human beings. Unfortunately with the expansion of the COVID-19 virus and events being cancelled all over our city, more and more of us will be in isolation, and isolation breeds fear.
Part of moving through fear, especially fear of something that is out of our control is…
- Remembering to breathe because holding our breath increases our anxiety and stress.
- Listening to what is really true in this present moment. Am I healthy right now?
- Connecting with other people because connecting gives us hope and resilience. Thankfully technology can help with this.
- Finding one’s self agency to take care of oneself and give mutual support and cooperation to others.
Together, we can find beauty, creativity and well-being in a community of people present in this moment and on this journey with us.
- Classes will be online until the current situation with the novel corona virus COVID-19 changes.
- You can join through the FREE online platform ZOOM. Simply download the ZOOM app on any device: tablet, smartphone, laptop, or desktop.
- If you can set it up so that I can see you that is helpful but not necessary.
- Missed classes can be made up at the other live class time during the series or from the link to the recording that can be accessed for the week in which it was taught.
PAY IT FORWARD
6 week series are $75 cash/check or $77 through Square.
If your financial circumstances become difficult because of lost work hours, loss of job due to things being shut down, or sickness due to the coronavirus come to class anyway. Online Sliding Scale HERE or Send a check and PAY WHAT YOU CAN even if that payment is in the form of doing something for someone else in need.